Monday 14 November 2011

UPDATE: Nailing It!

So a couple of weeks ago I did a post on my awful nails and let you all know that I was on a quest to finally get my nails in tip-top condition.

The first thing I went and did was to have a manicure. Just to trim, buff and shape (what there was to shape that is) kind of a fresh start. So I brought Sally Hanson Maximum Growth nail polish and the reason I chose this particular one is because it says that you will have "stronger, more beautiful nails in just 1 week".  One week! Quick results is exactly what I was looking for, I have no patience. This particular nail polish is aimed at those with"short nails that break and just won't grow" (that sums my nails up perfectly).


£4.67 availble from Boots


You have to apply one coat to your bare nails, then apply a new coat everyday for a week. As well as  doing this I also used cuticle oil everyday. After a week I definitely felt like my nails had grown a lot faster than they usually would have (although there were not long enough for me to rush out and get a french manicure or anything). Did my nails feel stonger.......no! Actually once I removed the polish my nails felt as weak as they did before I started the treatment. I trimmed my nails back down because there was no improvement and I rather them being short when in this condition, but I did this before taking a picture for you to see what the growth of the nails were like sorry guys. But to assure you would not of being gasping in amazement.


Next up I will be giving OPI Nail Envy a whirl, so keep an eye out for how that goes for me.

No comments: